Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I belong!

We all like to feel unique, special, and not like anybody else (in a good way that is). I believe this is why hand made stuff is so expensive, and why people are willing to spend thousands of dollars on houte couture "one-of-a-kind" dress.
Yet, we love being a part of something, feeling that we are not alone, and that we belong....
OK Anna what this pseudo-philosophical stuff has to do with knitting, or did you knit/crochet all night long and are going crazy today?

No no no. I didn't knit anything last night - I had to take care of my sick sister. I crocheted couple of chain stitches while teaching my coworker. And this pseudo-philosophical stuff has to do with the fact that I found this link last night: www.montrealknits.com There are two big knitting groups in Montreal: Montreal Knits and The Montreal Knitting Guild! There are knitting rendez-vouses and stitch-'n-bitch circle almost every day!! There are tons and tons of people like me in this city and I do not feel alone anymore!!!


If only I can overcome my asocial nature and join them...

No comments: